Debra makes giving back to her community a beautiful thing.
With her background in the salon business, Debra Penzone has put her beauty knowledge, her passion and her leadership to work to benefit her community and the people who live there.
Some of Debra’s most notable initiatives include:
- Founding and supporting the Earth Angels Foundation.
- Organizing an American Cancer Society “Look Good…Feel Better” team to teach beauty techniques to breast cancer patients in local hospitals.
- Founding the Charles Penzone Mother-Daughter Spa Day for Adventure’s for Wish Kids to pamper teen cancer patients and their mothers.
- Founding “Penzone’s Pretty in Pink Day,” an in-salon fundraiser benefiting Komen Columbus “Race for the Cure”.
- Supporting Friend Check, a Public Service Announcement that raises awareness for the importance of breast cancer early detection.
- Honorary chair, American Heart Association “Go Red for Women” campaign.
- Honorary chair, American Cancer Society 2007 “Cattle Baron’s Ball”
- Co-chair, Franklin Park Conservatory 2008 “Les Chapeaux le Jardin” (Hat Day)
- Co-chair, Ohio Theatre 2008 “CAPA Gala”
- Honorary chair, Young Survival Coalition of Central Ohio 2008 “In Living Pink” event.
- Chairperson, Franklin Park Conservatory 2009 “Les Chapeaux le Jardin” (Hat Day)
Debra also contributes her time and talent to many worthy organizations by serving on various boards and committees. Her appointments include:
- Women Presidents’ Organization Chapter II
- Conway Family Business Center
- Member of (YPO) Young Presidents’ Organization Columbus Chapter
- Member of (YPO) Young Presidents’ Organization International Chapter
- Board member, A Kid Again (formerly Adventures for Wish Kids)
- Board member, American Cancer Society
- Board member, Franklin Park Conservatory Women’s Board
- Past board member, Haven of Hope
- President, Childhood League Center (2004-2005)
- Board member, Dress for Success
- National Cosmetology Association